Sunglasses: Fashion Meets Function
Sunglasses aren’t just a summer fashion statement; they are also a necessity. Don’t get us wrong–sunglasses should tie your entire look together. They are undoubtedly the first thing others will see when they look at you. For this reason, they should reflect your style whether it’s funky, sophisticated, understated, or brighter than the sun itself. In short, they should reflect who YOU are. However, it would be shortsighted for one to turn a blind eye to the health aspects sunglasses should deliver:
- Your sunglasses protect you from both harmful UVA and UVB radiation.
- Excessive exposure to UVA and UVB rays contributes to ocular diseases such as cataracts, macular degeneration, ptygerium, ultraviolet keratitis, and skin cancer of the eyelids and surrounding sensitive skin.
- Your sunglasses protect your eyes from flying sand, dirt, and debris in the air which can cause “dry eye” and corneal abrasions
- Failure to have adequate sun protection can cause a person to squint in the bright sunlight causing premature wrinkles.
- Your sunglasses can prevent overall discomfort such as headaches and fatigue caused by excessive squinting.
As you can see (all puns intended), sunglasses are a vital addition to your wardrobe for not only fashion purposes but also real protection. Whether you want something sporty, elegant, bohemian, or out-of-this-world, Occhiali can help you achieve the look you want–new styles arriving weekly!